I’m a certified organic farmer at Half Hill Farm in Woodbury, TN growing medicinal and edible mushrooms, Cascade and Centennial hops for home brewers, apples, blueberries and more. I’m also a beer and cider brewer, an author, photographer, consultant, and husband.
- Contact me: cmgrantham at gmail
- Explore my work at LinkedIn
- Read my stuff in the news
- Follow “@Grantham” on Twitter
- Friend me on FaceBook
- Life in photos on Flickr.
- I’m an INTJ on the Myers-Briggs.
- I started this blog in 1999 before they called them blogs.
- I wrote a book in 2010.
- In November 2010, I ran a successful referendum process to allow the manufacturing of liquor in a dry county in Tennessee and served three years as the Chief Operating Officer for Short Mountain Distillery, a heritage brand and tourist destination I helped create that makes an award winning 105 proof authentic Tennessee Moonshine.
- I’ve produced a local evening newscast for WKRN-TV (ABC) and occasionally appeared on air for three years. I made WKRN-TV the first Nashville station to integrate Twitter, Facebook and live remote stream use into newscasts.
- My YouTube videos have generated over 2 million views.
- I worked in the second term of President Bill Clinton’s Administration as a consultant to the White House on domestic policy forums.
- I took a year off school in my early 20s and hitchhiked over 1,500 miles through Canada and Alaska.
- in 1694, Edward Grantham Sr. (an ancestor) appeared before a Grand Jury for “Entertaining Indians contrary to Law & for not comeing to church.” His son would marry Catherine Proctor, great-granddaughter of Allis Proctor – famous for not obeying orders by the Jamestown Council to abandon her frontier home and to stop fighting Indians.
- I recycle.
- Distant ancestor Sir Thomas Grantham squashed the Bacon’s Rebellion and later wrote that its leader, Nathaniel Bacon, died of the “lousy evil.” Look it up.
- I’ve kept a detailed dream journal for more than 7 years.
- I met my husband Vince on Valentine’s Day 2000. We were officially married in Washington D.C. in 2010 but had our wedding in 2002.
- We have three cats and two dogs.
- I compost organic food wastes using soldier fly larvae and earth worms.
- I love camping
Past speaking appearances: